Long-term exposure to wet weather can leave your home vulnerable to a number of problems including mold, rot, rust, and structural damage. Because rain and occasional storms are a part of everyday life, properly waterproofing your home is the best way to protect it from water damage in the future. Take a look at the do-it-yourself tips from our experts at MEIS Roofing & Construction to learn how you can finish a basic waterproofing project in just a few days.
- Fix small cracks in your concrete driveway or sidewalk with concrete caulk.
- Repair your rain gutters. Make sure that your gutters are not loose or blocked by leaves and debris.
- Insulate the water pipes in your basement.
- Fix water-damaged fixtures by painting them. You can use paint additives to paint rusty fixtures and to stop corrosion. To prevent rust in the future, use heavy grease as a lubricant instead of lighter oils.
- Repair windows and doors that feel sticky after rainy weather. Because power planes can leave big gaps, use a hand plane to even out any problems areas after removing the sticky door or window off of its hinges. If you have sliding doors or windows, you may need to replace the trim before the issue is fixed.
Our Dallas Waterproofing Services
While the above waterproofing techniques are a great place to start, the only way to be sure that your home is adequately protected from water damage in the long run is to hire an experienced waterproofing professional. At MEIS Roofing & Construction, we use cutting-edge equipment to inspect homes, complete repairs, and diagnose weak spots. We can help you get the most out of home waterproofing by delivering custom solutions that work for your home and your lifestyle. In addition to initial waterproofing services, we also offer affordable care plans that include ongoing waterproofing maintenance and other repairs.
No more flooding, toxic mold growth or unexplained leaks are just a few examples of the benefits of waterproofing. To learn more information about waterproofing and how our MEIS Roofing & Construction team can help you protect your investment, call us at 866-211-1116.