Dallas & Fort Worth, TX Roofing Insurance Claim Assistance
Tips On Working With Your Insurance Company
Meis Roofing has been working with Insurance companies for well over a decade. We know what they need to process a claim most efficiently and properly.
Here are a few tips for you to follow when working with your Insurance Company:
- Contact Meis Roofing to schedule a free on-site inspection to determine if damage was incurred.
- If sufficient damage has been verified, file a claim using the insurance claim hotline.
- Insurance companies will authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.
- Your insurance company will usually require receipts for any emergency repairs you have done in order to reimburse you correctly.
- We suggest that you take pictures of the damage prior to any repairs.
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- Once the inspection is complete, you will receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage and the funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.
- Meis Roofing offers free roofing insurance claims assistance.
The Insurance Claims Process
- After damage has been verified, contact your insurance claims office.
- You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or mail.
- An adjuster will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
- The claims adjuster should provide you with an itemized explanation on your claim settlement including your deductible amount and depreciation.
- Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs are actually completed. In these cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.