PolyIso Roof Insulation
EnergyGuard™ Roof Insulation Board is made of organic/glass facers bonded to a core of isocyanurate foam.
- High insulation value –– Excellent “LTTR” value compared to any other FM Class I rated products of equivalent thickness.
- FM Approved –– Subject to the conditions of approval as a roof insulation when installed as shown in the current edition of the Factory Mutual Research Approvals Guide.
- Environmentally safe –– Uses EPA accepted blowing agents.
- Light weight –– Lighter than most other insulating products offering comparable thermal resistance; as much as five times lighter in weight than many other materials with the same R-value.
- Excellent dimensional stability.
- Low water permeability –– lower overall perm rating than many conventional insulation boards.
- High moisture resistance and no capillarity; is stable and maintains its physical and insulating characteristics.
- Easier handling and faster to install –– Because it is light weight, this material is easier to handle on the job site and installs faster. Easier cutting in the field provides the installer with simplified fabricating on the roof deck. Minimizes on-the-job damage.
When a substrate slope will not permit efficient drainage, Firestone Tapered ISO 95+ polyiso insulation provides an effective and economical solution. Properly installed Tapered ISO 95+ polyiso insulation can extend the life of the roof assembly by eliminating problems associated with ponded water. Firestone Tapered ISO 95+ polyiso insulation is available in slopes from 1/16” to 1/2” per foot. Firestone provides a variety of technical support services for the installation of tapered insulation through the Firestone Tapered Engineering Design Department.
Tapered Insulation Design Services
The Firestone Tapered Network uses the latest technology to offer architects, consultants, general contractors, distributors and roofing contractors a complete, accurate, and timely engineered tapered insulation system for any project.
Based in strategic locations throughout the U.S., Firestone’s fully trained and experienced designers have access to the most advanced software and hardware, including Taper Plus and AutoCAD. The team efficiently creates CAD-generated installation shop drawings ranging from basic tapered layouts to complex projects requiring quick turnaround time. Firestone is committed to providing accurate and timely tapered take-offs that encompass all critical elements affecting proper drainage.
Additionally, Firestone offers architects and consultants a tapered design assist service. Through this service, Firestone creates a professional and effective tapered system design for any project prior to bid. Based on a copy of the roof plan (AutoCAD format is preferred) and all relevant factors, our design team will create an AutoCAD drawing detailing the optimum tapered layout, which may then be transferred directly to the bid documents. By considering all mandatory design factors, Firestone offers peace of mind that your tapered design will promote positive drainage. Fort Worth Insullation Services